Amazon tracks your information and purchase history to provide custom advertisements and modified search results. If you
want to eliminate this, you will likely need to delete your data from Amazon. Notably deleting your Amazon account
immediately eliminates any Amazon services you have. This includes subscriptions, pending orders, gift card balances,
comments, and reviews you’ve made, and access to redownload virtual content.
In order to get the most up to date information, visit <a
href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/contact-us">https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/contact-us</a> and looked into how to delete
my data from Amaozn. I first talked to an automated chatbot which took my inquiry about how to delete an account as a
request to actually delete the account. I can’t speak as to how thoroughly the chatbot’s account deletion would be. I
then transferred to an online representative for a better description of the process. They gave me the following
* “Go to Close Your Amazon Account."
* Sign into the account you want to close.
* Review the products and services associated with your account.
* If you still wish to proceed, select a reason in the drop-down menu, tick the box next to Yes, I want to permanently
close my Amazon account and delete my data and click Close my Account.”
* I wanted clarification into the thoroughness of the deletion, so I continued with the following conversation:
<img src="/hc/article_attachments/4412020703757/A0.png" alt="A0.png" />
* This conversation was then closed. I decided to check again over the phone. I was connected to a representative who
told me much of the same but promised to send an email describing the process.
<img src="/hc/article_attachments/4412026255501/A1.png" alt="A1.png" />
* The process for deleting your Amazon account is straightforward, but does require a follow-up reply within 5 days
which can be easy to forget. Please reach out if you have any issues deleting your data from Amazon or want to share